keep it r e a l. be in love with your life. every minute of it.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013



As I recently posted my mother came to visit! While she was here we did quite a bit of shopping. Man I am still shopped out. I was able to get most of the gear I need for winter; thank goodness because it is getting freezing. We made a few trips to the DI as well as a few different malls. The first day she was here I took her to The Crepery which was amazing, then we went searching for some projects. Guess what we found a few. We redid a lamp, a dresser and a mirror that we turned into a chalk board. Our little apartment now feels like home, thanks to my momma. Of course before I took her back to Ogden we we on a drive through Logan canyon and reminisced the good days when my dad went to school here. After the canyon we stopped at the temple and took a few pictures. I am so blessed to have a wonderful mother like her. More importantly I am even more thankful to have the gospel in my life so I can be with my mom and family forever. I was extremely blessed with the family I have. I am full of so much gratitude this week. I have an amazing family, amazing roommates who are now some of my best friends, and some other amazing friends I have been blessed with since I have been here. 


Beautiful mom.

Haha our silly faces.

I LOVE HER
       
How blessed am I?

My FAVORITE temple, ever.

Reenacting a picture from when I was little

Out taking pictures in the canyon.

All my best friends in one place. Roomies and mom.


The Crepery

Shopping at the Layton Hills mall
Before: DI lamp find
After
My amazing mother painting the frame


Before and after DI finds

Painting a deer onto one of the pillows


Finished products

Taking my mother back to Ogden, until next time.



Shout out to my beautiful sister! It was her 17th birthday yesterday. I love you Bailey Brett, thank you for being such a sweetheart and wonderful person to every one. I am so glad I get to be your big sister. Hope you had just a fabulous day. I cannot wait to see you again. XOXO 
17 things I love about her:
1. Sense of humor
2. Style
3. Hair (she has great hair)
4. Smile
5. Personality
6. Ability to be nice to every single person she knows
7. Friends (I love all her friends, and who they make her)
8. Ability to listen
9. Her crazy side, once you get to know Bailey she does not hold back. You would be surprised, she is full of so much energy.
10. Outlook on life
11. Ability to learn from others
12. Athleticism
13. Musical skills
14. Forgiving
15. Ability to spell, with out her and her knowledge I would have looked like an idiot in high school. 
16. Spirituality 
17. MOST of all I love that she was able to live with me her whole life. I know she didn't really have a choice, but she really compliments me and knows how to put me in my place. She is the best example ever. Usually the older sibling is supposed to be the "good" example, and I feel like I was the example of what not to do and she is the example of what to do. She is so spiritual and so in tune with the spirit. Because of that she is able to withstand so many temptations and hardships. She is just so real and so fun to be around. Even though we argued a lot, in the end we always became closer and she was always able to forgive me for what ever I said or did. We have so many great memories together; from London bridge in the bathtub to good deep conversations up until the day I moved. She is just so humble, so talented and so beautiful.


Then the week begins again. Back to reality after my mom left. Lauren and I riding the bus to Economics, typical selfies. Paul, Nick, Brandon, and Derek came to visit last night, but unfortunately I was not home. So I got pictures of the sitting on my bed. When I got back from Chase's house I saw on my dry erase board sweet notes from Brandon, Derek and Paul then "I <3 Nick" in multiple places. Aren't they just adorable? I seriously love them so much. They are the greatest people to be around and there is never a dull moment with them. I am so thankful to have people like them in my life. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.